70-Year Old Lifelong Republican: “I don’t know why any woman or gay would vote for Romney”

Monday, October 1, 2012

Mitt Romney Prepares to Scoop the Fudge in Wednesday’s Debate

Political pundits say Mitt Romney is the least popular politician in modern history. If this comment from Wayne Butterfass, 70, a retired store owner from Cincinnati, OH who said he voted Republican for all of his life – but not this year – is evidence, then Romney is in serious trouble and three scheduled debates laced with zingers will not help him.

Said Mr. Butterfass:

“Obama was handed an economy on the skids, after eight years of Bush. All he ever did was think about war. I’m afraid Romney will do the same.”

He continued:

“I don’t know why any woman or gay would ever vote for Romney. All you have to do is look at the Republican platform. I’ve never seen such HATE this year in the Republican Party, national or state.”

The first presidential debate is Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2012 in Denver, CO.

This entry was posted in 2012 Election, Mitt Romney, News, Politics, Republicans and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to 70-Year Old Lifelong Republican: “I don’t know why any woman or gay would vote for Romney”

  1. JDRShaw says:

    If Romney is hemorrhaging Republican supporters why is he remaining in the race? I predict Obama will win reelection by a landslide.

  2. Brigadoon says:

    Romney is losing to Obama is all of the so-called swing states. The lone close race is North Carolina and Obama can still reach and surpass the magical 270 if he loses NC. In other words, this race is decided. The media is trying to keep the horse race aspect of the election alive with ridiculous polls claiming 20% of voters may change their minds but don’t believe it.

  3. Tena says:

    Mr. Wayne Butterfass is a wise man.

  4. retahyajyajav says:

    JDRShaw is spot on. If Romney can’t carry regular Republican voters then his only demographic of support is among millionaires and billionaires. He can’t get to 270 with them alone.

  5. Stephen Iversonn says:

    From what I’ve seen over the past six months, Romney’s base is narrow and includes:

    1. racists
    2. homophobes
    3. the 1%
    4. members of the GOP Country Club
    5. fellow Mormons

    This leaves what? 90% of the country supporting President Obama? I predict a landslide for the president and easily reaching 385 electoral college votes.

  6. Matteo says:

    The Paul Ryan Legend Dissipates

    Ryan is still an extremely skilled bullshitter — vastly better at it than Romney. But he’s actually seeing, for the first time, questions that attempt to pry information out of him, rather than the batting practice lobs to which he’s accustomed. He’s going to emerge from the race with his legend punctured.

  7. Randy Arroyo says:

    Whoever said older Americans are more conservative don’t know 70-year old Wayne Butterfass.

  8. fran says:

    I’d like to add to this list:
    “I don’t know why any woman or gay would ever vote for Romney.

    “I don’t know why any environmentalist, college student, Veteran, Elder/citizen on Medicare/Medicaid, entitled Social Security recipients, animal lovers, people who really checked out the Mormon Cult for what it is, true patriots who would never consider bilking the country of it’s fair share of taxes, by stashing cash offshore. Because Mitt is the top 1% of the 1%ers, and he holds that “I’ve got mine” mentality- why anyone would ever vote for Romney.

  9. Joe in Colorado says:

    Romney and Ryan are for the 1%. Period.They want to slash taxes 20% on people in the 1% and then shift the burden to the remaining 99% who earn less than $200,000 a year. Even the elder who live solely on Social Security would suddenly begin paying federal income taxes.

  10. feminazi says:

    After living through Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and the Bush dynasty, I didn’t think it possible in my lifetime to encounter anyone worse but I stand corrected. Mitt Romney is the worst Republican I can recall. The GOP has managed to scrap the very bottom of the barrel this time. I can’t wait to see his concession speech and then head off into oblivion.

  11. Roxanna says:

    I actually needed to discuss this particular article, “70-Year Old Lifelong Republican: I don’t know why any woman or
    gay would vote for Romney | From the Left” along with my buddies on twitter.

    I personallybasically planned to distributed ur very good publishing!
    Thanks a lot, Emelia

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s