Monday, July 5, 2010
I hope everyone had a fun and a relaxing July 4th holiday. I took a few days off from blogging and enjoyed the weekend. As you can see from the map, a persistent heat wave covers much of the United States, with the East Coast roasting under a bubble of high pressure leading to record high temperatures. Here are a few of the numbers being reports.
· The official high at JFK International Airport yesterday was 101′
· A thermometer at Yankee Stadium hit 110′ yesterday
· In Rochester, NY the thermometer today stands at 91′ with a heat index of 98′
· Cleveland is currently 92′ with a heat index of 98′
· Philadelphia hit 96′ today but tomorrow is forecast to reach 101′
· Washington DC is currently broiling in 98 degrees’
· Houston, TX is 91′ with a suffocating heat index of 101′
Welcome to summer 2010!
If you hate the heat and want to get away to cooler climes, try Seattle, where you can enjoy a frigid 61′ or San Francisco at 60′.