Monday, September 22, 2008
Mike Rogers at BlogACTIVE has outed John McCain’s Chief of Staff, Mark Buse, and awarded him with the coveted Roy Cohen Award!
Mark Buse is not just the Chief of Staff of any homophobic United States Senator: he is helping one of the most homophobic Senators — John McCain, get elected president. Consider McCain’s position on the following LGTB issues:
• Voted Against the Matthew Shepard Hates Crimes Act three times
• Opposes ending “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”
• Opposes relationship recognition of any kind for same-sex couples
• Opposes ENDA and cast the deciding vote against it in the United States Senate
• Has never co-sponsored Ryan White or ETHA, and voted for a Jesse Helms strategy to remove funding aimed at protecting the community from HIV/AIDS
• Opposes the right of same-sex couples to adopt
• Senator McCain voted to confirm President Bush’s judicial nominees who had taken anti-LGBT positions such as Judge William Pryor and he has pointed to ultra conservative Justice Samuel Alito as a role model for future Supreme Court appointments
• Supports discriminatory state constitutional amendments that would define marriage as between a man and a woman, including the proposed amendments in California, Florida and Arizona
Good job, Mike Rogers, for outing Mark Buse. He’s a total and complete douchebag.